Kauai Home Videos


Spouting Horn, located on the southern part of Kauai in Poip'u. A hole has been eroded away in the volcanic rock such that when the waves crash against the rock, water shoots up the hole. Its pretty fantastic.


During our Na'Pali Coast boat tour, we saw these spinner dolphins. The reason everyone is screaming is because the captain told us if we scream, they will do jumps and stuff. I think he just wanted to make us scream...


These two are my lame attempt at the hula. It is harder than it looks! We went to a luau that night and unfortunately, I am unable to pass up an offer for something free...this time it was a free hula lesson in front of about 50 strangers. It was fun though. And I got to wear my new Sarong (thats the red thing around my waist, very versatile and traditional attire in Hawaii). FYI, yes that is Matt laughing in the background on video #2, so to follow is a little revenge...


As promised, Matt doing the hula on stage at the luau. Also posted are the professionals doing a Samoan hula. You can tell its Samoan, because they like to slap themselves much more than the Hawaiians and Tongans. Matt performed an Hawaiian hula, starkly contrasted to the Samoan hula. Enjoy! Note, I did not laugh at him...

No comments: